As promised, we’re providing our readers with another opportunity to examine additional pages from the unique journal published by The Panamanian Retirees’ Breakfast Club. We’re encouraged to do this labor of “Love,” in fact, due to the enthusiastic readership we are seeing on many of our articles relating to our culture in Panama. This theme has never lost its attraction here in our republic or oversees, however, lately the question regarding racism in Panama has raised constructive discussion about how we blacks of Panama have taken charge and have promoted our own cultural expressions, especially those that we have inherited from our Silver ancestors. Continue reading
Search The Silver People Heritage
Keep up with the Silver People Law!!
All Our Articles
- The Panama Canal Death Tolls
- The Silver and Gold Roll on the Panama Canal Zone
- Black Ethnicity Day Celebration in Panama
- Gamboa Road Gang Revisited
- The History of the Corozal and Mount Hope Cemeteries
- La Boca Town- Farewell to an Icon
- Rio Abajo's Methodist Church of Panama Celebrates its 50th Anniversary
- Hospital History of Panama- Colon Hospital
- The “Back Punch”
- The Panamanian Retirees’ Breakfast Club- More Insights March 4, 2015More pages from the commemorative journal published by the Panamanian Retirees' Breakfast Club in tribute to the Black West Indian Diggers on the 100th Anniversary of the Innauguration of the Panama Canal, August 15, 2014. Continue reading →sanjuanletran
- Chombo February 18, 2015February is Black History Month in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. and it really should be in Panama as well as the rest of Latin America. Chombo was a term to identify the black West Indians from the Caribbean basin who came to Panama to work on the mega projects of the Railroad and the Panama Canal. This post, highlighting a poem by Louis Emanuel, seeks to m […]sanjuanletran
- The Panamanian Retirees’ Breakfast Club February 7, 2015We are so pleased to introduce our readers to the Panamanian Retiree's Breakfast Club Commemorative Centennial Journal . A diverse group of Panamanian West Indian retirees who proudly share their membership with the newer generation of Panamanian West Indian descendants the admiration they feel for their ancestors, "The Diggers." Continue read […]sanjuanletran
- The Year January 13, 2015We want to take this moment to wish you all a very prosperous and health filled New Year for 2015! Thank you, our valued readers, for supporting us and our cause and especially for your feedback which we prize highly. … Continue reading →sanjuanletran
- White Gold, W.B. Garvey’s Jewel December 14, 2014White Gold by W. B. Garvey, a relative of the inimitable Marcus Garvey, is a true jewel of a historical novel covering the lives, triumphs and defeats of the brave West Indian black men and women (mostly from Jamaica and Barbados) who took their ¨Panama gamble¨ and entered the hostile and uncertain world of the Panama Canal construction projects. Continue re […]Lydia
- Ode to the Silver Woman December 8, 2014On December 8th we celebrate Mother's Day in Panama as in all of Latin America. We wanted to honor our Silver Women with the respect and love they deserve. Continue reading →sanjuanletran
- Solidarity from Our British Audience- The Windrush Foundation November 12, 2014We found out just how far reaching our writings and the purpose behind our research and writings has been when we were contacted by a speaker for the Windrush Foundation from Britain, Mr. Vasco Stevenson. He had been reading our … Continue reading →sanjuanletran
- The Diggers in Memoriam November 3, 2014Today, being November 3rd and a day of consecration to the spirit of patriotism in Panama as the Day on which Panama separated from Colombia on November 3, 1903, we thought it a perfect opportunity to post another one of … Continue reading →sanjuanletran
- The Panama Canal Death Tolls- Another Revealing Look October 10, 2014In preparing our presentation two years ago to the Honorable Legislators in the Asamblea Nacional we referenced our meticulous research into the death tolls of West Indian workers and the count of individuals buried in the former Silver Roll Cemeteries … Continue reading →Lydia
- The Bear’s Bible September 21, 2014The Reina- Valera Bible, originally known as La Biblia del Oso, translated by Casiodoro de Reina and his students, is more popular than ever. We celebrate its study in Latin America along with our West Indian Panamanian descendants whose forefathers brought the study and application of the Holy Scriptures- via The King James Version (English)- to the spiritu […]Lydia
- The Panamanian Retirees’ Breakfast Club- More Insights March 4, 2015
Lydia on The Silver and Gold Roll on th… C Robinson on The Silver and Gold Roll on th… Lydia on Chombo Louis Seldon on Chombo Ana Cumberbatch on Chombo Bette Roebuck on Chombo Hospital Nacional Pa… on Hospital History of the Panama…
Check out our other pages here.
- About Us
- Breakfast Club
- Contact us
- A God Given Task
- Book Reviews
- Our Cultural Legends in Profile
- The Living Cultural Treasures of the Silver People.
- THE SILVER PEOPLE CHRONICLE: Al maestro con cariño.
Just type in key words here.
Our Favorite Sites
- 1948-London-Olympics Ancon-Hospital Barbados Bishop Ephraim S. Alphonse Black-Studies-in-Panama Black Americans Black diggers of the Panama Canal Black Ethnicity Day in Panama Bocas del Toro Calidonia Centennial Anniversary of the Opening of the Panama Canal Chombo Colon construction of the Panama Canal cooperative-movement-in-Panama Corozal Cemetery death-tolls death-tolls-on-the-Panama-Canal etnia-negra-de-Panamá Foster-Bournes French-Construction-Era Funeral Trains Gold-Roll Gorgas-Hospital Guaymi people of Panama Henry "Takeaway" White Horse-racing-in-Panama innauguration of the Panama Canal Intangible-Cultural-Heritage Jamaica Jim-Crow-in-the-Panama-Canal-Zone Juan-Franco-Racetrack La Boca Labor-Struggles-in-the-Panama-Canal Lilia Wilson Lloyd LaBeach Louis Emanuel Methodist Church of Rio Abajo Panama Mount Hope Cemetery national patrimony of panama Panama Panama Canal Panamanian-Westindian-athletes Panamanian Poetry Panamanian Retiree's Breakfast Club Panamanian West Indian writers payroll systems prohibited-immigrant-laws-in-Panama racial-identity Rapsodia Antillana repatriations-from-the-Panama-Canal Rio Abajo Santo Tomas Hospital segregation Silver-Roll Silver and Gold Roll System silver roll cemeteries Sydney-Young The-Back-Punch The-Panama-Canal-Zone The-Panama-Tribune The-Silver-Employees-Death-Benefit-Association The-Silver-People The-Silver-People-Law W.-B.-Garvey West-Indian West-Indian-track-and-field-champions Westindian-labor Westindian-Panamanian-Lierature Westindian-Panamanians West Indian Panamanian literature West Indian Panamanian poets West Indians White Americans Women athletes of Panama