With Christmas around the corner, we wanted to give W.B. Garvey’s remarkable new novel the review it truly deserves especially for those of you who are looking to treat yourselves, or those important people on your holiday gift list, to a literary feast. Continue reading
Search The Silver People Heritage
Keep up with the Silver People Law!!
All Our Articles
- The Panama Canal Death Tolls
- A Question of Racism in Panama
- The Silver and Gold Roll on the Panama Canal Zone
- White Gold, W.B. Garvey's Jewel
- The History of the Corozal and Mount Hope Cemeteries
- Poetry is Making a Comeback in Panama
- Baseball's Roots in Panama
- Rapsodia Antillana: West Indian Poetic Voices
- Who are the “Silver People?”
- White Gold, W.B. Garvey’s Jewel December 14, 2014White Gold by W. B. Garvey, a relative of the inimitable Marcus Garvey, is a true jewel of a historical novel covering the lives, triumphs and defeats of the brave West Indian black men and women (mostly from Jamaica and Barbados) who took their ¨Panama gamble¨ and entered the hostile and uncertain world of the Panama Canal construction projects. Continue re […]Lydia
- Ode to the Silver Woman December 8, 2014On December 8th we celebrate Mother's Day in Panama as in all of Latin America. We wanted to honor our Silver Women with the respect and love they deserve. Continue reading →sanjuanletran
- Solidarity from Our British Audience- The Windrush Foundation November 12, 2014We found out just how far reaching our writings and the purpose behind our research and writings has been when we were contacted by a speaker for the Windrush Foundation from Britain, Mr. Vasco Stevenson. He had been reading our … Continue reading →sanjuanletran
- The Diggers in Memoriam November 3, 2014Today, being November 3rd and a day of consecration to the spirit of patriotism in Panama as the Day on which Panama separated from Colombia on November 3, 1903, we thought it a perfect opportunity to post another one of … Continue reading →sanjuanletran
- The Panama Canal Death Tolls- Another Revealing Look October 10, 2014In preparing our presentation two years ago to the Honorable Legislators in the Asamblea Nacional we referenced our meticulous research into the death tolls of West Indian workers and the count of individuals buried in the former Silver Roll Cemeteries … Continue reading →Lydia
- The Bear’s Bible September 21, 2014The Reina- Valera Bible, originally known as La Biblia del Oso, translated by Casiodoro de Reina and his students, is more popular than ever. We celebrate its study in Latin America along with our West Indian Panamanian descendants whose forefathers brought the study and application of the Holy Scriptures- via The King James Version (English)- to the spiritu […]Lydia
- The Razor Blade Haircut September 10, 2014The razor Haircut- a piece of Black Zonian life in Panama. Continue reading →sanjuanletran
- And Upon this Rock… August 30, 2014Wesley Methodist Church, a cultural and historic legacy of the British West Indian people of Panama, has just celebrated 106 years of existence and tireless ministry to the faithful of Panama City. Continue reading →Lydia
- Poetic Tribute to the Silver People – Part 3 August 27, 2014The last 2 poems in our series Poetic Tribute to the Silver People of Panama, composed by Mr. Louis Emanuel. "Yankee dollars, earn all you can," summed up in his poem "Expats" the lure of many West Indians to Panama and later on, the United States, Canada, and England, from their Caribbean Island homes. More often than not, they met with […]sanjuanletran
- Poetic Tribute to the Silver People – Part 2 August 20, 2014Here are two more poems by Mr. Louis Emanuel during this period of recognition to our Silver ancestors. The Train This railroad was built, many years ago In the US this idea, was concocted as known To move gold from … Continue reading →sanjuanletran
- White Gold, W.B. Garvey’s Jewel December 14, 2014
Check out our other pages here.
- About Us
- Contact us
- A God Given Task
- Book Reviews
- Our Cultural Legends in Profile
- The Living Cultural Treasures of the Silver People.
- THE SILVER PEOPLE CHRONICLE: Al maestro con cariño.
Just type in key words here.
Our Favorite Sites
- 1948-London-Olympics Ancon-Hospital Barbados Bishop Ephraim S. Alphonse Black-Studies-in-Panama Black Americans Black diggers of the Panama Canal Black Ethnicity Day in Panama Bocas del Toro Calidonia Centennial Anniversary of the Opening of the Panama Canal Colon Construction Era cooperative-movement-in-Panama Corozal Cemetery death-tolls death-tolls-on-the-Panama-Canal etnia-negra-de-Panamá Foster-Bournes French-Construction-Era Funeral Trains Gold-Roll Gorgas-Hospital Guaymi people of Panama Henry "Takeaway" White Horse-racing-in-Panama Jamaica Jim-Crow-in-the-Panama-Canal-Zone Jim Crow Juan-Franco-Racetrack La Boca Labor-Struggles-in-the-Panama-Canal Lilia Wilson Lloyd LaBeach Louis Emanuel Methodist Church of Rio Abajo Panama Monkey Hill Mount Hope Cemetery NARA national patrimony of panama Old-French-Cemetery Panama Panama Canal Panamanian-Westindian-athletes Panamanian Poetry Panamanian West Indian writers payroll systems prohibited-immigrant-laws-in-Panama racial-identity Rapsodia Antillana repatriations-from-the-Panama-Canal Rio Abajo Santo Tomas Hospital segregation Silver-Roll Silver and Gold Roll System silver roll cemeteries Sydney-Young The-Back-Punch The-Panama-Canal-Zone The-Panama-Tribune The-Silver-Employees-Death-Benefit-Association The-Silver-People The-Silver-People-Law W.-B.-Garvey West-Indian West-Indian-track-and-field-champions Westindian-labor Westindian-Panamanian-Lierature Westindian-Panamanians West Indian Panamanian literature West Indian Panamanian poets West Indians White Americans Women athletes of Panama